SM3, RS-485 MODBUS Module with 2 Binary InputsThe SM3 module from LUMEL with two logic inputs is destined to collect logic states of logic inputs and make them accessible to computer-based industrial systems working on the base of the RS-485 interface.
The module has 2 logic inputs and RS-485 interface with MODBUS RTU and ASCII transmission protocols.
RS-485 and RS-232 ports are galvanically isolated from input signals and supply.
The module programming is possible by means of the RS-485 or RS-232 port. In the SM3 module kit there is a connecting cable to connect with the PC computer (RS-232).
- two logic inputs
- RS-485 communication interface with MODBUS RTU and ASCII transmission protocols to operate in computer-based systems with an optical transmission signalling via LEDs
- configurable baud rate: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19299, 38400 bit/s.
Module as an impulse converter:
The SM3 module working as an impulse converter is destined to add measuring devices equipped with pulse inputs, e.g. watt-hour meters, heat-meters, gasmeters, flow transducers a.s.l., to computer systems. Then, the SM3 converter enables the remote readout of the counter state in automatized accounting systems.
The converter has 2 pulse inputs and RS-485 interface with MODBUS RTU and ASCII transmission protocols, which enables its application in computer systems with LUMEL-3000, Wizcon, Fix, In Touch, Genesis 32 (Iconics) and other visualization programs.
- two impulse inputs, independently configured:
- programmable filter for input pulses with level of defined duration time (separately for high and low level)
- pulse counting up to the value 4.294.967.295 and with protection against erasing from the application level
- auxiliary pulse counters with the possibility of erasing at any time
- non-volatile registers storing the weight of counted impulses
- 4 separate registers containing the result of the counter value divisions with weight values of counted impulses,
- RS-485 communication interface with MODBUS RTU and ASCII transmission protocols to work in computer systems with optical transmission signalling via LEDs
- configurable baud rate: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 134800 bits/s
- programming interface on the frontal plate of RJ type (TTL levels)
- several ways of transmission parameter configuration:
- programmed - from the application level, by means of the RS-485 bus
- storage of the counter state in the non-volatile memory together with the CRC checksum
- counting of supply decays
- detection of emergency states
Logic input: logic 0: 0-2.4V; logic 1: 3.4-24V
Counter input: 0-4,294,967,295 pulses; min. pulse time: 0.5ms
Output: Digital interface: RS-485, MODBUS ASCII/RTU
Supply voltage: 85-253VAC/DC or 20-50VAC/DC (please select when ordering!)
Dimensions: 22.5 x 120 x 100mm³
Housing protection: IP40 (front); IP20 (terminal)