Silver-Silk, HF Shielding Fabric, Silvered Nylon/Parachute Silk, 60dB
SILVER-SILK is a silvered parachute silk / nylon fabric for the protection against high-frequency (HF) and low-frequency radiation (LF). Typical application preferable in technical applications to shield cables, handy bags, room divider, etc.. Due to the good washablity even sewable in the inside of articles of clothing.
- Very high screening attenuation
- Antiseptic due to the full silver plating
- Contactable (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile similar characteristics: Washable, easy to process. Exception: Do not iron.
- Quality grade: High
- Width: 130 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Length: Available by the meter
- Attenuation: 60 dB at 1 GHz
- Colour: Silver. Raw materials: 80 % nylon, 20 % silver
- Weight: 45 g/m˛
- Surface conductivity: 0.2 ohm / inch (2.54 cm)
Due to the surface conductivity this fabric can be grounded to shield low frequency (LF) electric fields. For professional grounding we recommend our Grounding-Plug EST.
All shielding attenuation values are valid at 1GHz. Measurement according to ASTM D4935-10 /IEEE Std 299-2006 / IEEEE Std 1128-1998 / ASTM A698/A698M-07.
Cleaning in a washing machine at 30°C is possible. No handwashing!
For allergic persons: Every new fabric smells! Always wash before its first usage!
Discolouration: Fabrics with silver threads will discolor over time! The reasons for this are direct sunlight, heat from the radiator, splashes from cleaning water, sweat, etc. Stained places have no negative effects on the screening attenuation at all and they are no quality defect!
Please note: The price is valid per m˛ (square metre), not per running metre!
Starting from the web width, the product can be ordered in measures of 0.1 running metres.
This product is cut off a large roll according to customer specifications. A return is not possible!