GM1-ST, DC- Gaussmeter for Magnets or DC Solenoids, 0.1-20 kG
The Gaussmeter Model GM1-ST measures the field of even the strongest magnet (to 20kG) down to fine resolution (0.1G). Features rapid turn-on and fast update.
- High dynamic range 5 ˝ digit display reads even the strongest magnets with 0.1 gauss resolution, including polarity.
- Turns on instantly, updates four times a second, no setup or initial calibration required.
- Auto-Zero (subtracts the present field from subsequent readings); also a fine offset control.
- Offset range is the full ±19,999.99 gauss.
- 1% accuracy at room temperature, including probe.
- Probe and battery included.
- Optional rubber boot and hard carrying case are available.
- CE Compliant.
The Model GM1-ST measures strength and polarity of magnetic fields up to 19,999.9 gauss. The sensor can easily fit in a 0.060 inch (1.5 mm) gap and is at the end of a 100 cm flexible cable. The sensor end can be bent if required for a variety of situations. Place the sensor on a magnet face to measure the field. With a resolution of 0.1 gauss, it can measure any tiny variation from magnet to magnet or it can detect if a given magnet has lost even a little strength. Bend the sensor in to a "L" to measure inside a DC solenoid tube. The 5 ˝ digit display requires neither auto nor manual range change, making it easier to use than older style 3 ˝ or 4 ˝ digit meters. Turn on the meter and immediately begin reading fields (updates 4 times per second). There is no setup required, making this the fastest, easiest gaussmeter available.
- Measures all permanent magnets. (Maximum field of magnets is about 15,000, which occurs only with rare-earth magnets in a gap configuration.)
- High resolution of 0.1 gauss over the entire range of +19,999.9 to -19,999.9 gauss allows detection of any variation in field from a magnet.
- Measures inside DC Solenoids (probe is bent into "L" shape to measure this).
- Sufficient resolution to map fields far from magnets.
Measurement parameter: DC magnetic flux density
Measuring range: 19,999.9 G with polarity indicator
Resolution: 0.1 G
Accuracy: ±1% of reading (+16°C to +29°C); ±2% (-4°C to +65°C)
Offset: Auto-Zero. Also fine offset (0.1 gauss resolution)
Probe (non-detachable): 1.5mm (thick) x 4.3mm x 24mm
Battery: 9V alkaline
Battery lifetime: ~40 h, "Low Battery" indicator
- Detachable rubber Boot
- Hard carrying case
- NIST traceable certificate