Calibration Service

UKAS Calibration certificates from ETI

The in-house UKAS calibration laboratory of the thermometer manufacturer ETI / UK carries out traceable certifications for thermometers with and without probes, hygrometers and data loggers. The lab is regularly inspected by the UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service, comparablt to the German DAkkS) to ensure that the calibration methods, equipment and personnel are maintained on the standards required by the UKAS and ISO / IEC 17025 standards.

Each UKAS Certificate of Calibration indicates deviations  from standards at five temperature check points.
Temperature and moisture meters as well as data loggers fro other manufacturers can also be certified.

What is the difference between calibration & certification?

Calibration means "to measure". The instrument being tested is calibrated against a known source. A certificate shows which results have been obtained during calibration and certifies the accuracy of the instrument.

What is meant by uncertainty of measurement?

When anything is measured there is a probability that there will be some inaccuracies. Perhaps the test instrument is not entirely accurate; perhaps ambient temperatures are not conducive to accurate measurement; possibly the operator has not followed correct procedures. Each measurement has an "uncertainty" factor, and this can be calculated by a combination of all potential errors. This is then stated as a tolerance, i.e. plus or minus the measured figure.

How often should we have our thermometer checked?

It depends on a number of factors. How important is temperature in your process? How often do you use your thermometer? How roughly is the instrument treated? Do you have the opportunity to check against other thermometers? For continued confidence in the accuracy of measurement, and to assist in compliance with HACCP and other legislation, it is recommended that you obtain a certificate of calibration at 12-month intervals.

Can my data-loggers be calibrated?

Yes. ETI can issue UKAS certificates for both temperature and humidity data-loggers with internal or external probes. The standard certificate includes three different temperature or humidity points.

Items 1 - 6 of 6