RAM GENE-1 Mark II, Contamination and Dose Rate Monitor (µSv/h + IPS)
The RAM GENE-1 is a rugged nuclear radiaton detection instrument for harsh environments.
Ideal for emergency response teams, ambulance services and the police force.
The RAM GENE-1 features a specially designed energy filter embedded in the cap for ambient dose rate monitoring down to 17keV, with the additional flexibility of a contamination meter.
It is equipped with a recessed, internal GM pancake detector using a thin mica window protected by a stainless steel screen. The transition between measuring radiation dose rate and contamination is achieved with the aid of a mechanical switch on the housing which is activated by either removing or replacing the plastic cap.
Supplied with user manual.
- Portable nuclear radiation meter for low range
- Suitable for alpha, beta contamination or gamma/X-ray radiation detection
- Large, four digit, continuous ranging LCD display
- Backlight for easy reading in unfriendly environments
- Count rate readings in CPS (contamination mode)
- Dose rate readings in µSv/h (dose mode)
- Aluminium case with splash resistant keypad
- Simple, three key operation for one-hand use
- Large 1.75" pancake GM detector
- Audible and visual (LED) count rate indication
- Smart firmware provides fast, yet stable response
- Alarms for overflow, low battery and detector failure
- Automatic self diagnostic routines
- 1 year warranty