GM1-ST, DC Gaussmeter for Residual Magnetism, 0.01-800G
The Gaussmeter Model GM1-HS reads moderate-strength static magnetic fields up to 800 G with a resolution of .01G. It measures magnetization of ferrous metals, solenoids and the far field of strong magnets.
- High dynamic range and sensitivity: reads up to 799.99 gauss with .01 gauss resolution including polarity.
- Turns on instantly, updates four times a second, no setup or initial calibration required.
- Auto-Zero (subtracts the present field from subsequent readings); also a fine offset control.
- Offset range is the full ±799.99 gauss.
- 1% accuracy at room temperature.
- Flexible probe and battery included.
- Optional rubber boot and hard carrying case are available.
- CE compliant.
The Model GM1-HS measures the strength and polarity of magnetic fields up to 799.99 gauss. The thin sensor is located at the end of a 100 cm flexible cable. The sensor tip is also flexible and can be bent for a variety of situations. The sensor can be held against the surface of a steel part to check for residual magnetism, or it can be bent into an "L" shape to measure inside a DC Solenoid. This meter has a resolution of .01 gauss (1/50 of the Earth's typical field) which is finer resolution than the Model GM1-ST. It is also used to map fields from large magnets (If fields are over 800 gauss, use the Model GM1-ST). The meter has immediate turn-on and updates 4 times a second.
There is no setup required, making this the fastest gaussmeter available.
This is a 1-axis meter.
- Makes detailed measurement of residual magnetism in metal parts.
- Use to map field near a magnet, such as the 5 gauss line around an MRI machine.
- Detect ambient field direction and strength, such as Earth Field.
Measurement parameter: DC magnetic flux density
Measuring range: 799.99 G with polarity indicator
Resolution: 0.01 G
Accuracy: ±1% of reading (16°C to 29°C); ±2% (-4°C to 65°C)
Offset: Auto-Zero. Also fine offset (0.01 gauss resolution)
Probe (non-detachable): 2.1mm (thick) x 4.3mm x 24mm
Housing dimensions: 132mm x 91mm x 41mm
Weight: 227 g
Battery: 9V alkaline
Battery lifetime: ~20 h, "Low Battery" indicator
- Detachable rubber Boot
- Hard carrying case
- NIST traceable calibration certificate